Tuesday, May 22, 2007

God of Rain

Today is one of the stranger days in my life. I was supposed to have an interview at my school's management branch at 12pm. And thus I decided to go there early and have lunch because there's nothing to eat at home. I noticed the sky getting darker on the bus there and I thought nothing much of it. Normally the rain clouds like this take awhile to gather before raining. When I reached my stop later and walked towards the location of my interview I felt a very slight drizzle.

At first I thought nothing of it, but I pressed on faster. And as I changed from walking to running, the rain changed from a drizzle to a cascade of a waterfall. Before I knew it, in a matter of 30 seconds I was drenched head to toe. So I kept running towards the building I was supposed to have my interview, it was a mere 200m away from the bus stop. When I reached the main gates, the rain stopped almost completely as I stepped through it.

Then I wondered to myself, if I had angered a deity that commanded the rain somewhere. I went into the building and asked for the location of the nearest toilet, I had to get myself dried and check all my electrical objects to see if they were ruined. But thankfully, my handphone and laptop were in a waterproof slipcase and were fine. The notes and papers I was carrying in my bag were in another waterproof file and they decided to remain dry as well. I was beginning to feel thankful that I decided to waterproof the objects I bring to school for no particular reason last week.

And the incident didn't end there, after my interview with the wonderful Beatrice I left the building towards the bus stop so I can get back to school on time for classes. And as I stepped out of the gates, the drizzling started almost immediately. I moved with utmost haste to the bus stop just before another heavy downpour covered the area. I am either beginning to think that the sky is so wonderfully in sync with me that it really seems to wants to reward me with lots of drinking water.

And thus ends the strange happenings and interesting things to note for today. I can't seem to make up my mind about the lesson I had on Micro-Economics today, is it just me or does micro-econs seem alittle different from the last time I learnt it. Oh well, I suppose it's just the difference in the lecturer's style of doing things. Most people don't appreciate a hard working lecturer, well at least I can understand him and how he's attempting to bring econs to life. A pity his accent is too deep for most to understand him without paying close to absolute attention. Otherwise, he would definitely be a lecturer who'd have alot student support. And it's time for me to say farewell once again, new things to say the next time. Alauz Out!

Idiots of today, Geniuses of tomorrow

No comments: