Friday, April 27, 2007

Fatigue of the Ages

So I wake up at around 7.45am this morning after going to bed rather early. Which was around 12am last night. Not so early you say? Well it was early for me. Because I normally hit the sack a couple hours later than that. I found out that my youngest brother was still deep in slumber. Which was weird since he went to bed at around 9pm last night. He's supposed to go to school and I tried my best to wake him up.

I got him out of bed and out of the room and decided to go back to sleep. But I couldn't shake the feeling that he wasn't getting ready for school so I dragged myself out of bed and walked out of my room. As I suspected, he was laying asleep in the middle brother's room. My other brother had already gone out to school. I tried waking him up again but to no avail. I even tried telling my sleeping mother who had more persuasion to wake my brother up. But she came back after I went to bed last night so she was too tired to get out of bed.

Well, right now everyone seems really fatigued. Even I am a little tired. But of course because of my experiences in non-stop gaming over 3 days and National Service's nut cracker style training, I've gained some resistance and I'm able to force myself awake when I need to. Of course I am quite upset my brother's going to be skipping today's lesson. But he has no such experience of conquering the sleep demon that is plaguing him right now.

There's only one thing left to do but I won't do it. It would be to scream at him and physically abuse him to wake him up. Of course that will be super effective at achieving my objective of sending him to school. But it's not something that I am willing to do. Perhaps if I was 7 years younger I would do that to my brother. That was when I was still rather immature and decided that the ends would always justify the means.

With all this fatigue going around, I'm wondering if people in the world are burning out like my brother all too often. If so, then I suppose that people are kinda leading unsustainable lives. Lives that tire them out so much, people probably are going to die prematurely. Of course the weirdest exceptions might be the Japanese. They seem to live ultra stressed lives with the least sleep compared to most people on the planet and yet they seem to live the longest lives too.

Inspired by the Japanese

Perhaps it's the activities that they partake in *wink* *wink* that gives them such long lives. Hahaha, if you know the Japanese, their weird fetishes and seemingly hidden wild sex lives, you'd understand that having more sex truly will give you far longer lifespans even when coupled with high stress and inadequate rest. Of course I would be interested in following their footsteps. However if I'm living here in Singapore, the scene is rather rife with people coupling with rather dangerous and medically unsafe people unlike in Japan where most of the sex industry is actually stringently screened before allowed to do business.

The reason? Because the sex trade is openly illegal here in Singapore. Thus there's no such thing as a license for it and because there's nothing governing this trade, the government cannot set rules for safety among other things. Thus it's rather dangerous to be adventurous here in Singapore. I've personally known friends who have gotten Aids because of several seemingly simple trysts with some foreign sex workers that were transiting Singapore. And as for other STD, the rate is much higher as well.

I'm not suggesting that the sex trade is something that any country be proud of. But it's something that is always in demand and it exists no matter if the country legalizes it or not. It's better to legalize it and ensure the safety of their own country's citizens who are tempted to try it than leaving it to the often unscrupulous illegal vendors that ignore most medical safety issues. If you want to control Aids, you will have to start making the sex trade in your own country safer. If you don't, then there will always be people who will get Aids. It's that simple. Education can only shed light on Aids and its infection methods. It will not discourage people who want to have sex. And if you make people NOT want to have sex, then you have just effectively created the end of your country.

Who in the world thought of such a moronic way of countering STD and Aids? By educating people that you shouldn't have more sex because your going to have Aids and STD because the sex trade here in Singapore isn't regulated? Congratulations Singapore! You have just worsened your shrinking population problem! And also created a generation of people who have a phobia of sex. Don't tell me it isn't happening, because it is. The fact is, Singaporeans have been having less and less sex every year. The only people who have more sex are foreigners who come to Singapore and weren't brainwashed by the government yet. Overall sex figures are misleading because they include foreign born PRs and people who weren't affected by the propaganda.

First step however, is to legalize the sex trade. And that would bring down our STD rates among the foreigners who will eventually have sex with our citizens. Thus preventing such tragedy will be of the highest priority for our beloved country. The second step to solving our dropping birth rate would of course to start re-education of sex. And encouraging it between couples instead of chiding public affection. If the WHOLE society seemingly frowns upon fornication, then HOW can you expect the birth rate to rise? Without sex, there will be no babies. It's a cold hard fact that's being ignored here.

If we can instill a normalized culture of sex back into our society, I'm quite confident that our next generation at least will have a healthier life and have more children that this wasted generation that's ruined by a country that doesn't seem to recognize consequences of their own actions. I mean people here are having sex with people OTHER than their partners BECAUSE sex is frowned upon in society. It's because they have been taught that sex is shameful, thus they want to avoid bringing shame to their partners and thus have transgressions with others. TRUST me, that's what most Chinese Singaporean guys think when they have sex behind their loved one's back. They are ashamed to have sex with them. They are afraid that their partner will think less of them because they constantly want more sex.

It's like inhibiting a natural reaction. In trying to put up a false front so that their partners would have more respect for them, they hide their addiction to sex by seeking partners in the sex trade. They DON'T feel comfortable having sex with the people they LOVE because they have been EDUCATED that sex is a DIRTY and BAD thing. I mean WHAT THE FUCK?! This is exactly why marriages are failing. I'm sure women don't understand this fact. But Asian guys who have been brought up in this manner WILL do as I have described. How do I know all this? Nah, I've always been an odd ball with regards to fitting into society so I sorta don't fit this mold. But I've had countless friends in the army and Polytechnic that gave me the answer.

It was the very people around me that showed me thru example and anecdotes. By talking to them and understanding their emotional problems I slowly understood why so many guys out there are making these relationship mistakes. As most guys who confide in me, the number one thing that bugs me the most is that sex is okay with a person you don't love. But it's taboo with the person you love UNTIL marriage. EVEN after marriage, sex is considered bad to have with your partner because it's dirty. Among let's say 15 guys that have confided in me during my National Service, 15 of them had this mind set. I'm not saying 100% of the guys here in Singapore are like that, I'm already one such exception. But it's still a very very high percentage which would explain what drives our illegal sex trade here in Singapore.

I seek the root of the problems I see around me. I look deep into the fundamentals for the true causes. What I find out usually sickens me. Sometimes it's something so seemingly innocent that it couldn't be the cause of the problem, but it usually the most stupidest of things that causes the most problems. I mean seriously, which RETARD would classify sex as a BAD thing. Even in the bible, sex is something sacred given by god. Even God told us that it is here for us to enjoy between our partner. So like why are people saying that it's bad? Especially the stupid churches. Pre-marital sex is bad? So you chide sex on the whole? Don't do that, your causing an unprecedented amount of grief among the Christians. Your making sex look so bad that people will turn away from their loved ones to have sex because YOU said that it was bad.

What's My Problem

Damn I rant longer and longer. Am I done yet? Oh man. Yeah I do talk to myself at times, I'm a Gemini and I'm constantly pulled from one side to another. If I don't try and come to terms with myself, I'd literally tear myself apart. And so I reveal in certain aspects I'm like most shy guys whose gotten bitten once. I don't just go out and have sex with anyone and everyone just because I have the urge to. I go do it myself because I'm so damn conflicted over who I could do it with. Why? Well, I just ain't ready for my heart to be broken into a million pieces again because it's still pieces on the floor. I truly believe that sex should be between partners that love each other. I'm simply not ready for a bond so deep, I have this feeling that I might never be ready for that bond ever again. But who cares ha! Have a fantastic weekend! Alauz Out!

Idiots of today, Geniuses of tomorrow

No comments: