Monday, May 07, 2007

And it's Over

So ends the first day of school. Excitement? Perhaps. Fear? Definately not! Lost? Not a chance! So we ended the first day of school with a new assignment. Not that it's anything really tough or anything. But it's going to constitute about 20% of our final grade. Thus it's still something that we should fuss about until it's over. What we going to have to do? Well it's a long story and I won't go into much detail. But our group's new name is DROOL. Do not ask me why, do not ask me how and do not ask me anything more with regards to the name. We decided that it would be impactful and I suppose it's going to be VERY impactful alright.

And well, what else about the first day of school? I don't think I've ever felt more relieved that the teachers don't put me down for asking questions. I've been growing up in the "Old School" system for so long now that I'm quite sick and tired of the teachers having only a "one-way" traffic. Perhaps things have been gradually changing in the primary, secondary and even other universities. But I've only experienced this silly "one-way" traffic method for GODS know how long and you cannot imagine how it's making me feel right now to not be penalized for being myself.

How else can you learn except by making mistakes or questioning? Sure you can learn by letting another person speak for ages and ages, but what else can you do but replicate what he said? Knowledge if not used in the creation of newer knowledge, becomes good for naught but building a statue that can never move. If knowledge is build upon and changed, we can create anything from cars to space craft with but a simple imagining of new frontiers to conquer. If you must know, invention is but a creative outlet where dreams become reality. If I told you 50 years ago that mankind could fly into space, you must think me insane or an idiot. But if I tell you I got a new idea that could make space travel cheaper by a multitude of 10, you'd ask me if I'd be willing to share it.

EVERY SINGLE Crazy idea is a good idea. The only difference is the time where the idea was conceived. If you conceived an idea too far ahead of it's time, then it'd be considered crazy. Otherwise your idea could very well be the one that could save mankind. So what's my point? Darn, I thought that after the lesson today, I might actually be able to give a moral to my story. Haha, then again I suppose the moral of this story is that a caged bird once freed of it's cage, flies away and never returns. Alauz Out!

Idiots of today, Geniuses of tomorrow

No comments: