Sunday, August 27, 2006

The Sacred Weekends

Taboo
Do you know why I normally don't write on the weekends? I believe in something called alone time. But seriously speaking, since this is a site where I safely assume I'd be the only guy reading my own blog. I guess I can break this taboo of writing alittle about my weekend.

Sunday
So the sacred start of the week is upon us. My dad flew in from Indonesia just last night. I feel like it's been 2 months since I last saw him, but I know better and it's only been a month. But it seems so much of my life has changed over the course of the last 1 month. Instead I felt like perhaps I've gone thru half a year's worth of experience in such a short time. My visions ain't helping either.

Concept of Time
Perhaps it's the visions that make me feel like time is being stretched. My conciousness is slowly expanding to accomodate the dreams and my life. The expanded conciousness literally moves between the future and the present constantly. I mean I've been having waking visions, yeah it started on Friday and it's just been making feel this warped sense of time. In essence, I view a vision that's, let's say 15 mins of time. But in reality, it only takes but 15 seconds. Perhaps that's to blame, perhaps not.

Visionmania
Lots of visions this weekend, my brother also proclaimed to me he's had a weird dream where he actually remembered some of the details really clearly. For my brother, it's a big thing because it's his first time he's had such clarity. Perhaps it's our blood, but I'd have to say I had a vision of him telling me that about 15 mins before it happened, or was it 15 seconds before he started talking? Time works in such mysterious ways.

Blood Seers
Perhaps that's the term I'd call myself and my family. It's not every member that'd have this unusual ability, it seems it's rather selective. But it definately seems to skip certain siblings. Truthfully speaking, one of my dad's brothers passed away when I was in Poly, he seemed "disturbed" according to my father and his family. Perhaps he was experiencing what I'm going thru right now and reality and the visions were no longer distinguishable from one another. A frightening thought to be sure.

The Bloodline
My dad said he also had such visions when he was younger. But it faded in his twenties. My dad's younger brother however was in his thirties and he still seemed to have visions. You see, there's a pattern I spotted. My dad is of 7 siblings. My father is the 2nd of 4 brothers and 3rd child in the family. My uncle who passed away was the youngest of them all. I suspect the eldest sibling who is also the eldest brother, has the same abilities when he was younger. But of course that's just assumption. But if that's true, then the pattern would be alternate siblings, specifically the odd numbered males seems to have outward symptoms of this affliction.

Curse of Sight
Perhaps it's a gift bred into the blood for some purpose of survival in the past. There are many families from different cultures with special abilities, some have the ability of bodily constitution, some have great strength, some like the wolfmen of mexico are born with hair around their bodies like ancient humans. Perhaps my family's way of survival was precognition. Perhaps if you've been a follower of the Three Kingdoms Era, I am a direct decendant of the family line that spawned Zhen Luo who was Cao Cao's daughter in law or more specifically, Cao Pi's wife.

Question of Survival
Perhaps the ability had already been developed then, perhaps after that time. But I suppose this sight allows of us to make decisions based on the near future, perhaps that's what kept people alive back then. Who knows, maybe Cao Pi had advice from his wife regarding how to end the war.

Short History Lesson
For those of you who don't know that piece of history, Cao Cao died before China was united under one banner, instead it was Cao Pi who finished the war. If you don't know the devastation of the war, it costed China roughly 70% of it's population fighting the war of the Three Kingdoms. So I guess foresight of any sort would be invaluable advantage in war. But after all that digging, I'd say this is all speculation. Noone alive truly knows if there's any truth in what I deduced.

Troubling thoughts
Perhaps my young uncle was unable to control his ability and had alot of problems communicating what he saw to the people around him. Nobody was willing to help him, my dad for one was kind of afraid of talking to him. I wonder why sometimes. Perhaps there's a sense of realization of the curse of our blood runs stronger in my uncle than any of their siblings? Or because my uncle had episodes where his speech is alittle abnormal. A couple of months before he passed away, he spent some time with my family thus giving me a chance to look at his condition.

Experiences
He would be rather quiet around the house, he smoked alot. And he asked alot of questions while speaking. Asking us about what we thought about the universe and stuff. I guess I'm pretty much like him in terms of curiousity. He was perpetually sad though, it seemed that he had a troubled cloud over him everyday. Then again I think in my generation, I'm fated to be the one where the blood runs strong again. I only hope my visions don't destroy my soul like it seemed to do to my uncle. Alauz Out.

Idiots of today, Geniuses of tomorrow

No comments: